Let us begin by understanding what Pathology means. Pathology refers to the study and diagnosis of disease through examining surgically removed organs, bodily fluids, and in some cases, the whole body. It can be classified into three major types- anatomical pathology, clinical pathology, and molecular pathology. And to study many different kinds of diseases and their causes; we require the following pathology equipments-
- Blood cell morphology analysis with 12-part differentials
This Pathology equipment performs monolayer identification, cell identification, classification, and differential counting with precision, relieving the patient of the most tiresome part of blood smear analysis. The high accuracy medical equipment then generates morphology reports with the highest resolution cell images possible in bright field microscopy, pre-classified, for the expert review.
- It identifies and classifies White Blood Cells and produces image evidence for each class of identified WBCs
- Using powerful artificial neural networks, it can identify and classify different types of red blood cells by shape, size, color, pattern of arrangement, and presence of inclusions. It gives a visual representation in the form of a digital image for every class of erythrocytes present in a blood sample
- It identifies and classifies platelets, producing image evidence for each class of identified platelets.
How does this pathology equipment work?
Step 1: Pick and Smear with the Auto Smearer.
The patient is given a finger prick and the first drop of blood is wiped out. A second drop is then collected with a Livo EDTA-coated pipette tip and released onto a slide positioned for further processing by the AutoSmearer.
Step 2: Stain with the HemoStainer.
The air-dried blood smear is taken out of the AutoSmearer and placed into the HemoStainer. Once you push the button, then the blood smear gets stained, washed, and ready for analysis, all within 90 seconds.
Step 3: Insert and Scan in the given device.
The stained blood smear slide is inserted into the device and press Scan. A blood count and morphology report will be generated within 5 minutes of time.
- Pathology scanner
It is a practical and compact digital slide scanner. It is designed to produce state-of-the-art pathology scans at the push of a button, and it also eliminates the tedious process of sitting down for hours at a stretch, behind a microscope to analyze the results.
This pathology equipment designs the processed slides within a matter of seconds, then uploads the high-quality, digital images of them to the Livo digital pathology platform and sends them out for expert analysis.
- Affordable whole slide imaging
- It reduces the turnaround time – High throughput and reporting speed, compared to manual scanning.
- Easy storage, cataloging, and management of images
How does this pathology equipment work?
Step 1: Loading and Inserting
Load the stained slide into the slide holder and insert it into the device
Step 2: Scanning
Press the Scan button to start the processing of the stain.
Step 3: Eject and Load the next slide
Once the scanning is done, the device ejects the slide and is ready to take the next one.
Step 4: Automatic Image Uploading
Each scan is converted into a digital image that is automatically uploaded to the Livo telepathology platform for expert analysis.
- Auto Smearer
It is the perfect laboratory assistant pathology equipment. This practical device helps you take care of smearing so that you can focus on the other tasks that require human involvement which a machine can’t perform independently. With the push of a button, it lets you smear slides efficiently, thus saving time, effort, and resources.
This equipment offers an excellent alternative to the labor-intensive conventional process of peripheral blood smears.
- It eliminates any contours and generates identical slides
- It saves manual time, as it is capable of smearing two slides at once
- It is quite affordable and provides results in seconds of time.
- No more wastage of samples or consumables from repeating the process.
- Hema Stainer
The device stains peripheral blood smears and prepares them for microscopy analysis in a fraction of the time it takes skilled lab technicians to do it, thus significantly reducing the total turnaround time and quality variability.
This device allows you to stain any number of blood smears with unrivaled speed and precision, eliminating idle time and the risk of cross-contamination of samples.
- Produces the most effective staining quality
- Reduced cost and turnaround time
- No human error, therefore it is highly efficient
- It is extremely easy to operate, thereby making it user compatible and user-friendly.
- It produces consistent staining quality every time, without fail.
- Haematology Rapid Stain
This pathology equipment has been formulated with a stable combination of eight different high-quality dye compounds, that gives multiple types of colors and differential hues of the same color to many different cellular components, which results in a clear contrasting field of view to make the cell differentials task easier to the technician.
- It is stored at a temperature range of -15ºC to +25ºC
- It is solely used for in-vitro diagnostic usage
- It is liquid in nature.
- It produces clear Staining results
Thus, in order to understand the continuously spreading diseases and for the detailed analysis of the same, we require a highly developed pathology equipments that can be possible from the advancement of the pathology department of Medical Science. And such advancement can be achieved by the development and enhancement of the major technology required for the analysis of stains.