As more and more people around the world (especially in the U.S.) are getting overweight, they are finding the most effective way to burn fats and calories to maintain their health and fitness goals. One of the hottest trends for weight loss is intermittent fasting (IF).
Taken from the religious practice of not eating for certain hours or days, doctors and diet experts made some modifications in fasting and turned it into one of the most popular weight loss trends. Because of its popularity, many companies produced full meal packages and dietary supplements such as CBD products to help people achieve their ideal weight and health goals.
Aside from losing weight, IF enthusiasts also carry out this diet plan to simplify their life, as well as boost their overall health such as enhanced brain function and cholesterol levels as well as lowered risk of heart disease, stroke, and cancer. It is also known for slowing the aging process.
How to Do Intermittent Fasting
Unlike in different types of religious fasts, most IF methods do not prevent people from eating for days. It also differs from the usual dietary plans as it does not specify what foods to eat or avoid.
If you want to engage in this hit health trend, you can choose from the most popular methods:
- Spontaneous meal skipping – This method is recommended for beginners. Instead of timing your meals, you can skip eating meals when you don’t feel hungry.
- 16/8 method – wherein you avoid eating for 14-16 hours and limiting your daily eating to 8-10 hours. Within your eating window, you can consume two or more meals.
- Warrior Diet– this method allows you to fast during the day, eat one heavy meal at night. The good thing is you can eat small amounts of raw fruits and vegetables during your daytime fast.
- Eat-stop-eat – where you fast for a day once or twice per week
- Alternate-day fasting – where you fast every other day
Benefits of Combining CBD and Intermittent Fasting
- Taking CBD oil can boost the good effects of IF while helping you during fasts. This compound can interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) which regulates bodily processes, including the endocrine system that secretes ghrelin, the hunger hormone.
- CBD products can also help turn white fat into brown fat, a process known as “fat browning” that promotes better metabolism and faster weight loss. The ECS also helps regulate insulin production with the help of CBD.
- Both cannabidiol and intermittent fasting also have anti-inflammatory effects. When combined, they can relieve the pain in some of the most common inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and gout.
- The cannabidiol and IF combination can also help the production of new brain cells while protecting the old ones.
If you are looking for a way to fight obesity and improve your health, the combination of CBD oil and intermittent fasting is an excellent choice.